Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nerves Nerves Nerves

Ok so it's 3 days before my first race EVER and I am just a bundle full of nerves. My stomach has butterflies galore! I feel like someone punched me in the stomack. I know I'm ready, but since I only run on the treadmill to avoid my shin splints returning I'm not so confident about the 5 miles outside. If we were all running on treadmills hell yeah I'm there!! Unfortunately that's not how it is. I know this isn't a real "Race race" but to me it is. It's my first major run in my life. Never have I ever done this before!! But! In April I said I was going to do the Half in a year and I will and this is just a step in the process. I set out to do something and I will do it.

I just wish I could calm myself and know I will be ok running outside. I am running with my friend and her friend so with them I'm sure they will push me and motivate me. We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment